Family and Immigration Attorney
South Georgia Family and Immigration Attorney
At The Cleveland Law Firm, we help immigrants find solutions to family law matters. Some family law issues can affect your immigration status, so it is important to work with an attorney who understands both.
Divorce and Immigration Status Lawyer in South Georgia
We provide assistance with a broad range of family law issues, including:
- Dissolving Marriages: If you married someone in your homeland, you must dissolve that marriage before you marry someone in the United States. This is especially important if you plan to apply for an I-601 Waiver. To obtain an I-601 waiver, you must be married to a U.S. citizen. You cannot legally marry a U.S. citizen if you are still married to someone in your homeland.
- Name Changes: When our attorneys assist with name changes, we will take steps to ensure that the changes do not cause problems with immigration matters in the future.
- Legitimation Petitions: In most countries, custody rights vest to the father. But in the United States, custody tends to vest with the mother. In the U.S., a father must claim a child.
- Obtaining Birth Certificates: Many processes require birth certificates. We can help you obtain birth certificates for you and your family so that you can apply for DACA I-601 waivers or other programs.
- Amendments to Birth Certificates: We can assist with changes to birth certificates, such as ensuring that the names match on all of your children's birth certificates.
Contact The Cleveland Law Firm
To speak with a lawyer about a family law issue, contact The Cleveland Law Firm at (229) 243-0900. We are located in Bainbridge, Georgia. Hablamos español.